As a widely used and highly effective multi-purpose cosmetic dentistry solution, porcelain veneers offer numerous benefits and pose few risks when it comes to improving the appearance of your smile.
To find out how porcelain veneers can benefit your smile, please contact Desert Smiles online or at (602) 734-0050 to schedule a free consultation in the Phoenix and Scottsdale area.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
When it comes to enhancing the appearance of your smile, porcelain veneers offer many advantages. Porcelain veneers are:
- Custom-made to fit your individual smile, both aesthetically and functionally
- Minimally invasive, leaving your natural teeth largely intact
- Stain resistant allowing you to keep your smile brighter for longer
- A faster alternative to traditional orthodontics for issues with minor misalignment
Perhaps the greatest benefit of porcelain veneers though is their ability to simultaneously and almost instantaneously correct a myriad of cosmetic dental issues including:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Teeth that are twisted, crooked, overlapped or have small gaps
- Irregularly sized or shaped teeth
- Teeth that are severely discolored underneath the enamel
In some cases though, you may want to consider alternative cosmetic dentistry options to achieve the best results. Our experienced Phoenix dentists can evaluate your needs to help you determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.
Potential Porcelain Veneer Risks
Though porcelain veneers provide numerous benefits, they do have some limitations and risks. When choosing porcelain veneers to improve your smile, some factors to consider include:
- Irreversibility – Porcelain veneers require a portion of your original tooth enamel to be reduced, leaving you unable to restore your tooth’s original condition. Instead you will need adjustments or new veneers to be made.
- The procedural timeframe – Because porcelain veneers are designed to suit your individual needs, at least 1 week of laboratory time may be required.
- Potential veneer failure – Though veneers are very strong and can be long-lasting with proper care, they are also brittle and should not be put under excessive stresses, such as chewing ice, biting fingernails, or opening bottles.
During your personal appointment, our experienced dentists can help you identify all of the potential risks and answer any porcelain veneer questions you have so you can keep your veneers healthy and beautiful for many years.
If you are a Phoenix or Scottsdale resident interested in learning more about the benefits and risks of porcelain veneers, please contact Desert Smiles online or at (602) 734-0050 for a free consultation.