The science of sleep medicine is very new and evolving rapidly. The impact of sleep on our overall health is rapidly being recognized as far more significant than previously imagined. What are some of the possible clues that you may have an unknown problem with sleep, that may have a long-term impact on your present and future health?
- I have been told that I snore or stop breathing when I sleep, although I may have no recollection of this
- I am often sleepy during the day, even if I sleep throught the night, and get 7 or more hours of sleep
- I have high blood pressure
- I have been told that I sleep restlessly.
- I sometimes have morning headaches
- I am overweight
- My neck size is at least 17 inches (16 for a woman)
For more information on snoring, sleep apnea and dental appliances for the treatment of these conditions please contact DesertSmiles and Dr. Donald Wilcox for more information. Visit www.DesertSmiles.com for information on the finest in cosmetic and sedation dentistry in Phoenix, Glendale, and other areas of Arizona.