Implant-supported dentures are an effective solution to replace all or most of your teeth in your upper or lower arch. Your dentures will contain special attachments that will snap onto mini dental implants which get inserted into your jawbone. The dental implants provide increased stability and a more secure fit compared to conventional dentures.
Depending on your preferences, Glendale cosmetic dentist Dr. Donald Wilcox can use fixed or removable implant-supported dentures to replace your missing teeth. Fixed implant-supported dentures require more dental implants than removable implant-supported dentures.
Implant-supported dentures offer several important benefits over conventional dentures
- They eliminate the slippage associated with conventional dentures. As a result, you will be more comfortable when eating and talking, and you will avoid the embarrassment associated with the speech and eating problems caused by slipping dentures.
- Because implant-supported dentures are firmly secured to your jaw, they will be more comfortable, and you will experience significantly less gum irritation.
- Implant-supported dentures reduce the risk of bone loss and jaw shrinkage associated with conventional dentures.
- Implant-supported dentures look more natural than conventional dentures.
- Your ability to chew will be fully restored, enabling you to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you like.
- You will not need to use denture adhesives with implant-supported dentures
Please contact Desert Smiles today to schedule your initial denture consultation. Dr. Donald Wilcox serves patients in Phoenix, Glendale, and Scottsdale, Arizona.