If you have attempted treatment with a CPAP device, but could not tolerate it, you are not alone. Even though CPAP is the gold standard for the treatment of sleep apnea, only 30% successfully wear a CPAP. If you can not tolerate the CPAP device due to
- mask leaks
- unable to get mask to fit properly
- discomfort caused by the straps and headgear
- disturbed or interrupted sleep caused by the presence of the device
- noise from the device disturbing your sleep and/or bed parner’s sleep
- CPAP restricted movements during sleep
- CPAP does not seem to be effective
- pressure on the upper lip causing tooth related problems
- a latex allergy
- claustrophobic associations
- an unconscious need to remove the CPAP apparatus at night
- you travel a lot
IF SO, LET US SHOW YOU COMFORTABLE ORAL APPLIANCE SOLUTIONS FOR SNORING AND SLEEP APNEA.
SLEEP MAGAZINE reports untreated patients with a apnea index >20, had a 36% decrease in 8 year survival rate. YOUR HEALTH IS TOO IMPORTANT TO IGNORE THESE FACTS.
For more information regarding snoring and sleep apnea visit www.desertsmiles.com or www.phoenix.ihatecpap.com. For the finest in cosmetic and sedation dentistry in the Phoenix and Glendale, Arizona area, visit us at DesertSmiles, 602-978-1790. If you are a serious athlete looking to enhance your performance visit www.ppmmouthguardphoenix.com.