Dental crowns are a type of dental “restoration.” They restore teeth that are weak or damaged. Today’s tooth crowns look more natural than ever before while also retaining strength and durability.
Some of the most common reasons for needing a tooth crown are:
- To fill a large, advanced cavity that is too big to be treated with a dental filling
- To restore a broken, fractured or otherwise damaged tooth
- To restore a tooth that has been treated with root canal therapy
- As part of a dental bridge to replace missing teeth
- As part of a dental implant to replace missing teeth
If you think you may need a tooth crown, the only way to know for sure is to visit experienced dentist Dr. Donald Wilcox. As a first-time guest at our practice, you and Dr. Wilcox will discuss your dental health history and review your options for rejuvenating your smile. Dr. Wilcox will not only determine if you need a dental crown; he will also inform you of all of your treatment options so you can choose the one that works for you.
If you are interested in dental crowns to restore your smile, please call experienced Glendale dentist Dr. Donald Wilcox, at 602-978-1790. Our experienced staff will arrange a consultation for you at our Phoenix-area practice.