Restorative dentistry services are designed to treat disease and infection in the teeth and gums. Unlike preventive dentistry, which is geared towards preventing issues like gum disease, tooth decay, and root canal infection, restorative dentistry addresses these issues through individualized treatment and management plans with the goal of preventing additional damage and eliminating the risks of untreated oral health problems.
Routine cleanings and examinations are useful for identifying oral health issues that may require restorative services. If it has been longer than six months since your last dental exam, please call Desert Smiles at 602-978-1790 to schedule an appointment right away. Located in Glendale, we welcome patients from Scottsdale, Peoria, Phoenix, and all surrounding areas of Arizona.
Our Restorative Services
Restorative services offered by Glendale dentist Dr. Donald Wilcox and Dr. Nathan Tenney include:
- Tooth Colored Fillings – shaded to match teeth in color, tooth colored fillings prevent the spread of decay and help restore strength to teeth with cavities
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding – also known as tooth bonding, this treatment can address chipped, cracked or broken enamel and be used to protect teeth impacted by trauma and decay
- Porcelain Dental Crowns – placed over teeth impacted by infection, serious trauma or decay, crowns can also be used to replace missing teeth
- Onlays and Inlays – similar to fillings, inlays and onlays are used to protect teeth impacted by decay
- Bridges – dental bridges serve to “bridge the gap” left by missing teeth
- Dental Implants – the strongest tooth replacement option, dental implants replace the roots of missing teeth and offer a number of unique advantages
- Dentures & Partial Dentures – another tooth replacement option, dentures and partial dentures can be secured with implants, adhesives, or bridges to replace larger sections of missing teeth
- Root Canals – the only way to protect an infected tooth from extraction, root canal therapy cleans the inner chamber of an infected tooth before covering it with a crown to prevent further damage
- A Complete Smile Makeover – a combination of restorative, cosmetic, and general services designed to greatly improve the strength, function, and appearance of the smile
Many of the restorative dentistry services offered by Dr. Wilcox and Dr. Tenney are necessary to prevent additional problems – some of which may be deadly. For example, untreated gum disease may increase risks for tooth loss and jawbone necrosis, but also heart attack and stroke, hypertension, liver and kidney failure, and certain types of cancer. Restorative services designed to treat infection and disease help prevent these larger issues from occurring while also improving the health and appearance of your smile.
Contact Desert Smiles
Dr. Donald Wilcox is a respected and well-established cosmetic and restorative dentist with over 35 years of experience. Consistently listed as one of the Top Dentists in the Phoenix area, Dr. Wilcox has also been recognized as an “Elite Dentist” by MicroDental Laboratories. Experienced, dedicated, and fully committed to providing each of our patients with the safest and most effective treatments, Dr. Wilcox and Dr. Tenney welcome an opportunity to meet with you and discuss your needs, and to help you determine which restorative services will best protect and enhance your smile.
To schedule your next appointment at our Glendale office, please call 602-978-1790 today.