Here is one truth that Phoenix dentist Dr. Donald Wilcox at Desert Smiles confronts each day at his Glendale cosmetic dentistry practice:
Your smile may work harder than many other features to promote youthful good looks, but teeth often age faster than our faces or bodies.
If you're a senior citizen in the Phoenix area who might like to find out more about how cosmetic dentistry can support your anti-aging regimen and even shave years off of your appearance, please contact Desert Smiles in Glendale online or by telephone at (602) 734-0050 to book a consultation with Dr. Wilcox.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Do For Seniors?
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that by far, the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatment among people age 50 and up is teeth whitening.
At Desert Smiles, we know that store-bought teeth whitening kits are abundant. However only a teeth whitening kit from a trained cosmetic dentist will perfectly match your teeth.
And, other cosmetic dentistry treatments may be an option for you too, no matter the age or condition of your teeth.
Some of the signs that you may benefit from a cosmetic dentistry treatment include:
- Increased tooth sensitivity
- Chronic gum disease
- Missing or cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- Receding gums
- Frequent headaches, grinding, clinching or other TMJ symptoms
Dentistry With You in Mind
Our cosmetic dentistry staff recognizes that seniors have distinct concerns when it comes to caring for their teeth, gums and jaw.
According to industry research, here are top concerns for seniors who seek out cosmetic dentistry services:
- Worn Down or Stained Teeth. Cosmetic dentistry offers the best solutions for addressing these common retirement dental challenges.
- Receding Gums. Especially when other medical conditions are present, gum disease can become more severe more quickly.
- Comfort. Many seniors have had previous dental work that needs to be maintained or updated to avoid irritation or discomfort.
- Dry Mouth. Certain medications and illnesses decrease saliva production, which can aggravate gum disease, tooth decay and bad breath.
- Financing. Knowing that many seniors are on fixed incomes, we strive to provide affordable payment options.
If you're a senior citizen in the Phoenix area who would like to learn more about how cosmetic dentistry can shave years off of your appearance, please contact Desert Smiles in Glendale online or by telephone at (602) 734-0050 to book a consultation with Dr. Wilcox.